Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Ranch Grilled Chicken (Recipe 68 of 125)

Getting flavor into chicken, and making it something new, is two huge goals for this cook. Chicken
equals B-O-R-I-N-G to me. Without a marinade or something it just makes me yawn. 

This marinade is chocked full of flavor. I'll admit I've never used ranch dressing in a marinade before. I've put ranch season packets on chicken with oil, but never used the actual made dressing in a marinade. 

I made no adjustments to this recipe. I will make it again and, personally, I think a tablespoon of powdered ranch dressing would really "ranch" this up. If I did that, I'd keep the salt out though. 

Ranch Grilled Chicken
Recipe from That Low Carb Life

Serves 4
½ c ranch dressing
½ c avocado oil
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T buttermilk
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T chopped parsley
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp salt
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Add everything but the chicken to a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.

Add the chicken breasts to a 9x13 baking dish or gallon zip top bag and add the marinade. Stir well to coat the chicken.

Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. The longer the chicken marinates, the more flavorful it will be.

Heat the grill to a medium heat.

Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting much of it drip off the chicken, and add it to the hot grill.

Grill for 5-10 minutes per side, until cooked through, depending on the thickness of your chicken.

No comments: