Thursday, May 13, 2021

Keto Green Chile Chicken (Recipe 75 of 125)

Photo from CastIronKeto
So...I have to admit I took a perfectly good low carb recipe and added carbs. Hah. I thought this would be good with pasta, so that's what I added. 

And I was right! I added about a half of cup of heavy cream to loosen up the sauce...and it made the meal. I also added the Monterrey Jack into the sauce to melt. Delicious!

There wasn't anything about this recipe that was bad...I just felt I needed carbs tonight. This one will be a keeper for sure...with the carbs. 


Keto Green Chile Chicken
Recipe from Cast Iron Keto

Serves 4
  • 1 T oil avocado, coconut, lard, or tallow works great
  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 8 ounces canned green chilis
  • 1/2 onion thinly sliced
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 c Monterey jack cheese grated

Heat oil in a 10.5″ skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices then sear 3-4 minutes per side until browned. Remove and set aside.

Add the onion and green chilis to the skillet, cook 3-4 minutes until onion has softened. Add in the cream cheese, and chicken along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate.

Top the chicken with the jack cheese and cover for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and serve.

No comments: