Thursday, May 20, 2021

Korean Beef and Dirty Rice (Recipe 78 of 125)

I've recently found my tolerance for spicy food has gone up. Not to where it burns your face off, but spicy, I'm finding, is kinda nice. 

This recipe will be one that finds itself in the Hall of Favorites. SUPER easy, and very delicious. I only made one small modification. I used Sriracha instead of red pepper flakes. 

Korean Beef and Dirty Rice
Serves 4

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 T sesame oil
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red peppers (depending on how spicy you like it)
  • 2 c cooked rice
  • 1 bunch green onions (diced)

Get your rice started. 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown beef with garlic in the sesame oil.

In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes. Or in my case Sriracha. 

Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar and soy sauce, mixture. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors.

Toss the cooked rice with the beef mixture. Top with green onions.

No comments: