Amazon had a deal that was just too good to pass up, so I took the plunge. As if that wasn't enough of a sign, the wonderful lady from All Day I Dream About Food posted this recipe right afterward. I mean...the universe was practically shouting at me.
Once I tracked down all the ingredients, it was time to give it a try. The hardest part? Waiting. You'll need to freeze the mixture for a full 24 hours before spinning it into ice cream, so a little planning ahead is required.
One piece of advice: don't skip the "optional" vodka. Seriously, add it. You won't taste it at all, but it helps keep the ice cream from getting icy and gives it a much creamier texture.
I did have to make one small substitution. The recipe called for a peanut butter drizzle, but I discovered I was completely out of peanut butter. Oops! I tossed in a handful of peanut butter chips instead, and they added little bursts of peanut buttery goodness throughout the ice cream.
This one is definitely going into my regular dessert rotation. It's rich, creamy, incredibly satisfying, and best of all, it's low carb. I have a feeling my Ninja Creami and I are going to become very good friends.
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup erythritol sweetener
- 1/3 cup allulose, or xylitol
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vodka, (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp butter
No comments:
Post a Comment