Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burger

Ground chicken is not something I cook with often. For some reason it "scares" me. Burgers especially are challenging because they always seem to fall apart on the grill. 

Be that as it may, these burgers were delicious. I ate them without a full bun, used a grilled piece of bread on the bottom. What it needed was some type of sauce. I realize the recipe says serve with guac, but I'm not a fan. A cilantro, lime may would have been great on it. 

I'd eat this again. It was full of flavor. I wouldn't use 1 tsp of salt next time. Seemed too salt to me.


Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burger

Serves 8
  • 2 lbs ground chicken
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 1/2 onion finely diced
  • 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • vegetable or olive oil
  • 8 slices of cheese optional I use American or white cheddar
  • 8 hamburger Buns

In a small bowl, mix roasted garlic and mayo together until combined. Add salt and pepper and mix. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to a medium-high heat

In a mixing bowl add the ground chicken and the remaining ingredients and gently mix together.

Divide the chicken mixture into 8 patties.

Put a little vegetable oil on a paper towel and run it over the grill grate to coat lightly.

Grill burgers covered over direct heat for 8 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165 degrees. Right before the patties are done add a piece of cheese if desired.

Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings. 

No comments: