Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Thai Peanut Grilled Chicken (Recipe 64 of 125)

Photo from A Sweet Life
One of these days I'm going to have to try my hand at grilling chicken on the bone. I'm not a fan of dark meat but I do like a drumstick every now and then.

I gravitate to chicken breasts almost always. But I think a drumstick is a challenge I need to take. 

So the recipe...It was good but not great. It wasn't nearly as flavorful as I had anticipated it would. It has all the right components, just not great. It made me wonder if drumsticks would have added more flavor.

Thai Peanut Grilled Chicken
Recipe from A Sweet Life

Serves 8

  • 1/2 c warm water
  • 1/3 c peanut butter
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1 T soy sauce or coconut aminos
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks and thighs
  • Salt and pepper

In a blender, combine water, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce or aminos, garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger. Blend until smooth.

Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in a large pan and pour marinade overtop. Turn each piece to coat and refrigerate at least one hour.

Preheat grill to medium. Place chicken, skin-side down, on heated grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until skin is crisp (watch for flare ups and move chicken around grill if necessary). Brush with marinade from bottom of pan.

Turn chicken over, brush with marinade and grill another 5 to 10 minutes, until the internal temperature away from the bone reaches 165F.

Turn off grill and let chicken sit inside a little longer to stay crisp before serving.

No comments: