Saturday, April 17, 2021

Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms (57 of 125)

Photo from The 
Recipe Critic
Tonight's recipe is brought to you by beef. In fact, most this blog could be brought to you by beef. I
think I might eat too much beef.  NAHHHH...

This was a surprisingly delicious meal. When I saw the title of it I somehow didn't equate the word "cream" with a cream sauce. But that's what it made and boy was it delicious. 

When I make this again, I'd cut my steak bite into bigger sizes. They over cooked being more bite size (too lazy to cut them later I guess). They were fine, but a little less well done would be better. I also seasoned those steak bites (which I took literally) with McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning. I somehow completely bypassed the Italian Seasoning in the recipe and I couldn't figure out why there was not seasoning in this recipe. Turns out there was, I just missed it. 


Creamy Garlic Steak Bites with Mushrooms
Recipe from Therecipecritic.com
Serves 4

  • 1¼ pounds sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 8 ounce mushrooms
  • 1 c heavy cream
  • ½ c shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • fresh chopped parsley for garnish

To start, cut your sirloin steak into one inch cubes. Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the steak bites and add them to the pan cooking them until they are golden brown.

Remove the steak and set it aside on a plate. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pan and saute until tender. Add in the heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Add the steak back to the pan and allow to heat through and sauce to thicken.

Serve over rice or pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.

No comments: