Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Spaghetti Sauce (Recipe 53 of 125)

Tonight's new recipe is brought to you by Mom's Gray Tin Box. My goal was to cook 12 of the recipes in there...if I can find 12 to cook. There's some weird recipes in there. 


You'll notice this recipe says "Spaghetti Sauce" on the top. But at the bottom it says "Lasagna Noodles". Turns out if I unfolded the recipe this is a recipe actually for lasagna. Heh. I stuck to the Spaghetti Sauce. 

The other problem is I haven't a clue who gave mom this recipe. I reached out to the family to see if anyone recognized the handwriting and so far nothing. 

This sauce is delicious. I only made one modification and added a splash of Worcestershire sauce. You do need to add salt and pepper - even though the recipe doesn't say it. 

Spaghetti SauceRecipe from Unknown

Probably serves 4

1 lb hamburger (I used 93% )
1 onion, diced
Garlic Powder to taste (I put in about 1.5 tsp)
1 can tomato paste (the small can)
1 can tomatoes
1 can water (I used the 14.5oz tomatoes can for the water and it worked fine)

I put a T of olive oil in the pan and sauted the onions for a little then added the burger to brown. You might want to salt and pepper the hamburger. Sprinkle with garlic powder.

Once it was browned, add the tomato paste, the tomatoes and the water. 

Simmer for 2 hours. It'll reduce down to be somewhat thick. Because of the 2 hours simmering is why I used the 14.5 oz can for water. I didn't want it to dry out too quickly. 

No comments: