Friday, July 3, 2020

Greek 7 Layer Dip

I don't know why with recipes that are basically a layered anything, I must measure the items. I hardly ever measure...unless I'm baking. But when I make a layered something I measure. Weird. 

Having some friends over today for a social distant wine tasting and catch up. Made this as an appetizer because it sounds delicious. 

Greek 7 Layer Dip
Recipe from SkinnyTaste
Serves 9

8 ounces hummus
1 c 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tsp chopped fresh dill
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 T red onion, minced
1 c English cucumber (about ½ large), ½-inch dice
1 c Roma tomato, seeded, ½-inch dice
1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
1/4 c Kalamata olives, sliced

In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.

In an 8”x8” or 7″ x 11″glass dish, layer the hummus, yogurt mixture, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, feta and olives.

Serve with whole grain pita chips or baked corn chips.

No comments: