Sunday, April 7, 2024

Steak Quesadillas

Photo from Bake it with Love
I'm sure I've mentioned that I could eat Mexican food every day. It's often so easy and so delicious. Tacos are my usual go to, but tonight I decided to go the quesadilla route.

To be fair, quesadilla recipes aren't really a "new" recipe for me. My quesadilla making days go WAY back to my semester in Mexico.

I grilled the skirt steak and then cut it into small chunks. When I was ready to make the quesadilla I sautéed the steak to get it a little crispy. So delicious. 

Steak Quesadillas
Recipe from Bake It with Love 
Serves 4

  • 1 T olive oil (extra virgin)
  • 1 lb skirt steak (or flank steak, diced into bite-sized pieces)
  • 1 T beef taco seasoning
  • 8 large flour tortillas
  • 1 c Mexican cheese blend (shredded)

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

Add the diced steak and beef taco seasoning to the hot skillet and toss to fully coat the steak. Cook the steak until all sides are nicely browned, then transfer to a plate or cutting board and wipe out your pan.

Add a little more olive oil to the pan and place one tortilla in the center. Top the tortilla with ¼ of the diced steak and ¼ of the shredded cheese then place a second tortilla on top and use your spatula to gently press it down.

Cook your steak quesadilla until the tortillas have browned and the cheese is melted inside (about 3-4 minutes per side). Repeat this same process with each quesadilla.

Slice each quesadilla into wedges if desired and serve immediately.

No comments: