Friday, April 19, 2024

Grilled Chicken Muffaletta Pizza

I am so glad I don't live in New Orleans. I'd eat a muffulettas every day if I did. And that can't be good for the scale. 

I've loved muffulettas since the first one I had. Oddly enough we bought a large one to be cut down in what was like a roadside store when we were headed to our condo for the week. It's just one big Italian sandwich with all the delicious deli meats on it and a glorious olive spread. 

I've had Muffuletta pasta at a local restaurant called Cafe Veloce. And I've had a muffuletta pizza there too. Their pizza is so fantastic that when I saw this recipe I had an ah-hah moment of making my own muffuletta pizza. 

The thing is, I didn't want chicken on this pizza. So I did not grill it or even consider putting it on the pizza. Instead I did everything else...and y'all...this pizza was amazing. 


Grilled Chicken Muffuletta Pizza
Recipe from Just a Pinch
Serves 6 (if you have something with it, like a salad)
  • 1 lg chicken breast
  • 6-8 slice ham
  • 6-8 slice salami
  • 8 slice provolone cheese
  • 2 c mozzarella cheese
  • 1 qt olive salad
  • 1 can Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough
Bake according to Pillsbury thin crust instructions. Cook the chicken breast. Shred it.

There is NO SAUCE with this so first layer the pizza dough with 1 cup mozzarella, then layer next with provolone slices, next layer with salami slices, next layer ham slices, sprinkle shredded chicken breast, add olive salad (use as much or as little as you like). Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella.

Bake according to Pillsbury instructions or until warm and bubbly and all cheese is melted.

No comments: