Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Antipasto Salad

Photo from The Girl Who 
Ate Everything.com
Book club night. This month it was my turn to bring a salad. As luck would have it a salad came up on my random selection of recipes for this week. I had intended on making this and having it for lunch, but figured book club was just as good. 

I am a big lover of Italian subs. This recipe is basically a sub in a bowl. I did not include the pepperoncinis because 1) I couldn't find them and 2) none of the people eating this salad like them. I think they'd be good in it so when I make this again, and I will, I'll be sure to add them. I momentarily thought to do banana peppers, but decided against it. Next time.

The other change I made is I used Swiss Cheese instead of provolone. I had it and it needed to be used. I do think provolone would have been delicious in it. Again, Next time.

I dressed it with a Caesar dressing. I thought it was Olive Garden's Italian dressing, but it was a Caesar. Which turned out delicious too.


Antipasto Salad
Recipe from The-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Serves 8
  • 8 c chopped romaine lettuce
  • 3/4 c grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 6 ounces provolone cheese, diced
  • 4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
  • 1/2 c olives (about 3 ounces)
  • 2 ounces hard salami, diced
  • 2 ounces pepperoni, quartered
  • 1/4 c sliced pepperoncinis
  • 1/4 c sliced red onion
  • 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese (more to taste)

In a large shallow salad bowl, add the romaine and layer all of the rest of the ingredients. Toss together with your favorite Italian dressing and enjoy. It doesn't get any easier.

No comments: