Sunday, April 7, 2024

Spicy Ranch Oyster Crackers

I'm a sucker for a snack. And a crunchy, salty snack is my favorite. That's how I keep my girlish figure. I'm also a sucker for chex mix. I won't make it because I'll eat it all in one setting (not really, but close).

I had some oyster crackers hanging around in the pantry for some reason, so opted to make this recipe. 

Y'all, it's delicious and SPICY! But lucky I like spice. And the spice can be removed if you're not a spicy person. 

I tossed a little season salt on them when they came out of the oven too. That helped with the salty part of my salty snack. 

Spicy Ranch Oyster Crackers
Recipe from Sweet C Designs
Serves 6

1 T dried parsley
1 T dried dill weed
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T dried onion flakes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
½ c vegetable oil
1 box (9-10 ounces) oyster crackers

Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.

In a large bowl, combine the dried parsley, dried dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dried basil, black pepper, sea salt, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to ensure the spices are evenly distributed.

Add the vegetable oil to the spice mixture and stir until it forms a paste-like consistency.

Pour the oyster crackers into the bowl with the spice paste. Gently toss and stir until the crackers are well coated with the mixture. Make sure all the crackers are evenly coated.

Spread the coated oyster crackers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake the crackers in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy and golden. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.

Once baked, remove the crackers from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet.

Once cooled, transfer the spicy ranch oyster crackers to an airtight container or sealable bags for storage.

No comments: