Monday, August 8, 2022

Pollo a La Brasa (Peruvian Grilled Chicken) (Recipe 100 of 150)

I've seen a lot of recipes for "Peruvian" chicken lately. I've collected several. This one was one of those I've recently acquired. 

Instead of my normal way of "changing it up" I kept this recipe to it's original guidelines. And friends, I'm here to tell you, this was yummy. 

To be fair, I didn't use 2 jalapenos in the sauce because I only had one jalapeno. But that was enough heat for me. I didn't cut back on any of the other ingredients so the sauce was heavy with cilantro and light with the jalapeno flavor. When I make this again, I'll use two to get that flavor. 

I had the chicken in the marinade for 5 hours. That's starting to be my standard I think. I love working from home so I can start a marinade at noon and have it ready to go by dinner around 6. 


Pollo a La Brasa (Peruvian Grilled Chicken)
Recipe from All Recipes
Serves 4
  • 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • ⅓ c soy sauce
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 1 T vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
Sauce:
  • 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
  • ½ c firmly packed cilantro
  • ¼ c mayonnaise
  • 1 T lime juice
  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp ground black pepper

Place chicken thighs into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Blend soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, vegetable oil, cumin, paprika, and oregano in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 8 hours.

Combine jalapeno peppers, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender; pulse until sauce is smooth. Transfer sauce to a covered bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.

Remove chicken thighs from the bag and place on the grill. Discard bag with excess marinade. Grill thighs for 7 minutes; flip and grill 7 additional minutes.

Transfer thighs to a serving dish and drizzle reserved sauce over the chicken.




No comments: