Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Chicken Marinade (Recipe 108 of 150)

Yes another chicken marinade. I have to say I've really enjoyed all the chicken marinades I've tried so far this year. And this one is no different. 

It's all the same basic players. The balsamic and honey together is a nice combo that really gives this marinade flavor. 

I got a little overzealous on the cooking of the chicken. Had the heat too hot and so burnt some of the ends. I'll call it caramelization. Flavor. 

I'd make this again for sure. It's a quick easy marinade. I left it marinading for 4 hours and it was a good amount of time. 

Chicken Marinade
Recipe from Will Cook for Smiles

Serves 4
  • 1/2 c canola oil
  • 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 c honey
  • 1 lime - juice only
  • 3 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 T soy sauce
  • 1 T Dijon mustard
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 T minced fresh parsley
  • 3-4 lbs chicken

Whisk all ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.

Place chicken inside a durable zip-top bag and pour the marinade into the bag with chicken. Get air out of the bag and zip it closed.

Lay the bag on its side inside a rimmed baking dish or another container and place it in the refrigerator. Let it marinate for 4-6 hours or overnight.

Grill chicken to 165F internal temp. 

No comments: