Thursday, August 18, 2022

Beef Ragout (Recipe 105 of 150)

Every now and then I draw a recipe from Mom's Gray Recipe Box. It's full of recipes from Grandma Spaid, Aunt's on the Spaid side, Mom, Dad, etc. Some of the recipes are, well, interesting. Many have ingredients I don't even know. 

Like this recipe, Beef Ragout. It calls for Oxtail soup mix. What the what? I had to Google it and then I couldn't find it in the store so I had to order it on the All Mighty Amazon. Now I have 3 packets of it. Well, 2 since I used one tonight. 

I expected this "soup" to be soupy, but what happened when I put in the soup mix is it became very gravy esk. More like stew consistency. Which threw me since it would be simmering for an hour and a half. 

Bottom line, this was an ok meal. I am sure it was designed to be an inexpensive meal to feed a ton of kids, with leftovers. It's one of the few that doesn't have a date on it. I'm guessing it's from the 70's. 


Beef Ragout 
Recipe from Mom's Gray Recipe Box

Serves 6



No comments: