Sunday, August 7, 2022

Cheesy Smoked Sausage Skillet (Recipe 99 of 150)

Welcome back to another edition of clean out the freezer! Today's focus is andouille sausage and cheese tortellini that have both been in the freezer for a couple of months. 

This recipe was dynamite! What I think I like about it is really the versatility of it. Sure, I could have bought some smoked sausage (I actually considered a trip to DD Double D Meats for their Polish sausage for this) but since I had andouille I thought I might as well use it. Really, any sausage would work here. All the other ingredients are pretty "mellow" in that a lot can be done with them. 

The only other change I made is I didn't use 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. That's a bit much for me, so I used about 2 tsp. 


Cheesy Smoked Sausage Skillet
Recipe from Plain Chicken

Serves 4

1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
1 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 T tomato paste
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1 c chicken broth
1 T Italian seasoning
½ c heavy cream
1 (9-oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
¼ c parmesan cheese

In a 12-inch skillet, brown sausage in olive oil.

Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low for 12-15 minutes.

Serve with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.

No comments: