Thursday, March 11, 2021

Thai-Style Chicken Stir-Fry (Recipe 37 of 125)

This is an OLD recipe. On MyRecipes' site it has the date as 2004. That's how long I've had it in my recipe book. It amazes me that I've never made it. Or if I have I have no memory of it - so that counts as new too right? 

This is just a meh recipe. The flavors are good, but boring to me. 

Adjustments: Since I'm not a fan of red bell peppers, I had some shredded carrots and some cabbage left over from another recipe so I tossed them in as well. 

Thai-Style Chicken Stir-Fry
Recipe from MyRecipes

Serves 4

  • 1 1/2 T fish sauce
  • 1 T low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 T bottled minced fresh ginger
  • 3 T fresh lime juice, divided
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 T canola oil
  • 2 c (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
  • 1 c (1/2-inch-thick) slices onion
  • 1 c (1/4-inch-thick) slices red bell pepper
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 jalapeƱo peppers, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 c thinly sliced fresh basil
  • 1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 c chopped green onions

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 25 minutes. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Add zucchini and next 4 ingredients (through jalapeƱos); stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Add reserved marinade, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, basil, cilantro, and green onions.

No comments: