Thursday, March 18, 2021

Spanish Rice Dinner (Recipe 44 of 125)

This recipe sounded better than it was. I mean it was a good recipe, but I had Spanish rice in my head and this wasn't really Spanish rice to me. 

The green beans threw me in this recipe. In fact it threw me so much I ate the green beans earlier in the week because I couldn't figure out why I bought them. Green beans do not go in Spanish rice. 

This is a meal that would feed a family for sure. It's hearty. I won't likely ever make it again though. It wasn't good enough to make it to the recipe hit parade. 

Spanish Rice Dinner
Recipe from Tasteofhome.com

Serves 4

1 pound ground beef
1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
1 T dried minced onion
1 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce

Precook your rice.

While the rice is cooking, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.

No comments: