Sunday, July 14, 2019

Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Lime Cauliflower Rice


I've been meaning to do a slow cooker meal on the weekend to set my lunches (and maybe a couple of dinners) for the week. Left overs aren't my thing, but I'm learning to eat them because it helps stay within my low carb way of eating.

This recipe looked fantastic to me. In fact, it's in the slow cooker as I type. Cauliflower rice is my new favorite thing and I cannot wait to try this.


Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken and Lime Cauliflower Rice
Recipe from PlateJoy
Photo from PlateJoy


1 3/4 lbs chicken breast
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
6 carrots, diced
3 c green salsa ( I actually used green enchilada sauce)
1 lime, zest
1/4 c chopped cilantro
2 green onions, chopped
4 3/4 c cauliflower, rice in food processor (I bought frozen cauliflower rice)
3 zucchini, chopped
2 T olive oil

Season chicken breast with oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Place at the bottom of the slow cooker.

Place carrots in slow cooker, cover with green salsa and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium-high heat, then add green onions, zucchini and cauliflower and cover. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice and zest, then sprinkle with cilantro.

Remove chicken and shred. Return to the sauce and adjust seasoning if necessary.

Put cauliflower mixture in a bowl and top with chicken. Add more lime if desired.

No comments: