Sunday, July 28, 2019

Easy Pizza Bites

Pizza is one of my many down falls. I love me a good pizza. They, however, don't love me. WAY too many calories and carbs for my latest eating lifestyle.

There are many options in the low carb world for pizza. I'll be investigating those for sure. I needed a quick snack for this week's meal prep and I found this recipe.


Easy Pizza Bites
Recipe from Satisfying Eats

1/2 cup almond flour
Photo from Satisfying Easts Blog
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried basil*
1/4 tsp. oregano*
1/4 tsp. dried thyme*
2-3 oz. pepperoni, chopped
4 oz. mozzarella, shredded
4 tbsp. salted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients and blend well.

Add all remaining ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until blended.

Use small scoop (1-1/2 tbsp.) or medium scoop (3 tbsp.) to measure out dough onto prepared cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until slightly brown.

Serve warm with marinara sauce or Ranch Dressing.

Nutrition Information: 60 Calories, 5 grams Fat, 1 Net Carb, 2.5 grams Protein per Pizza Bite (using small scoop)

No comments: