Sunday, July 21, 2019

Delicious Low Carb Biscuits with Cheddar

I'm sure I've mentioned low carb breakfast things are hard for me. Eggs are the go to breakfast protein and I am just not a huge fan. I gag them down because they're protein. But I wanted something more, something savory.

Enter Delicious Low Carb Biscuits with Cheddar. I've made these for this week's breakfast to have with a side of turkey or bacon. These are gluten free because they use almond flour and so very easy to make.

When I make them again, I'd like drop in some bacon already and a bit more salt. I also bought the silicon cupcake cups because I've found that many of the low carb bread things like to stick to metal tins or paper cups. These seemed to work out ok.

Delicious Low Carb Biscuits with Cheddar
Recipe from Mamabearscookbook.com

1.25 c almond flour
1 T baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp spicy spaghetti seasoning
1/3 c full fat sour cream
2 eggs room temperature
3 T butter melted
1/2 c cheddar cheese grated

Heat oven to 425° and spray the muffin tin with oil. Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl combine the almond flour with baking powder, sea salt, garlic powder and spicy spaghetti seasoning.

In the second bowl whisk sour cream, eggs and melted butter until fully combined. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined and then fold in the grated cheddar cheese.

Scoop 1/4 cup batter into the muffin tins; you should get 8 portions. Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the tin and diving in!

No comments: