Sunday, July 21, 2019

Broiled Tenderloin Steaks with Ginger-Hoisin Glaze

I love Asian flavors. So many of the marinades have sugar in them that jumps up the carb count. This glaze was sensational. Full of flavor and so delicious. I put it on beef tonight, but I could see it on chicken real easily.

Super easy meal, super delicious. I cut my steak into cubes and put them on a skewer. I feel like that gives you more glaze per bite.

Broiled Tenderloin Steaks with Ginger-Hoisin Glaze
Recipe from MyRecipes.com
Photo from MyRecipes.com

1 1/2 T hoisin sauce
1 1/2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp honey
1 1/2 tsp lower-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee) or crushed red pepper [ JW Note: so I missed this part of the recipe and didn't buy this. I used red pepper flakes instead. I'm sure this would give it a completely different taste]
4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
Cooking spray
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat broiler to high. [JW Note: or grill in my case]

Combine hoisin sauce, ginger, honey, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.

Place the steaks on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt. Broil steaks 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes, and turn over. Broil 2 minutes; turn steaks over. Brush steaks with half of hoisin mixture; broil for 1 minute. Turn steaks over, and brush with remaining hoisin mixture; broil 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.

Calories 194
Protein 24.5 g
Carbohydrate 4.9 g
Fiber 0.0 g

No comments: