Monday, January 27, 2014

Salmon Steaks with Hoisin Glaze

I seem to have a love / hate relationship with salmon. For most of my salmon eating days I make the same recipe.... Slow Roasted Salmon - its easy and quick and oh so good.

This year I wanted to try a couple of salmon recipes I've carried with me for what seems like years.

This recipe seemed it would be something I liked.  It's got hoisin. Which I like. It's got salmon. Which I like. And it's easy. Which I like. So it's a win-win.

I made mashed potatoes with this meal. Odd to me to have potatoes with salmon, but I had a potato that was close to it's last leg.  When I make this again, I'd consider bok choy and rice maybe. That'd be good.

Salmon Steaks with Hoisin Glaze
Recipe from Everyday Food
Photo courtesy of Everyday Food
Serves 4

1 tablespoon fresh orange juice   
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons honey
4 salmon steaks (each 8 to 10 ounces and 1 inch thick)
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Heat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey.

Rinse salmon steaks, and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place steaks on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush generously with glaze.

Broil salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes.

No comments: