Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cilantro Lime Salmon

I like salmon but I get bored with it quickly. I tend to do the same old "put in the oven and bake".  I have several recipes for salmon and tend to just keep it simple.

This recipe I'm glad I tried. It's super easy and tasty.  I did change it a bit. I'm not a fan of microwaving fish or anything really, so I baked the fish.

Be careful with the garlic - I put in a too big of a clove and the sauce was a bit garlicky. I'm still tasting it.

Cilantro Lime Salmon
Recipe from Taste of Home
Serves 2
Courtesy of Taste of Home

2 T  sour cream
1 green onion, chopped
1 T minced fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp grated lime zest
1/8 tsp salt
dash of cumin
dash of pepper
dash of red pepper flakes
2 salmon fillets

In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the salmon. 

Place fillets skin side down in a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with sour cream mixture. Jenn Note: so I baked the salmon and then topped it with the sauce.

Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime wedges

No comments: