Friday, January 3, 2014

Tomato Garlic Bread

In order to keep my girlish figure, this girl MUST eat bread.  I love, as in big heart love, garlic bread. The only problem is, I get bored with just bread, butter, and garlic. I know? How could one get bored with that, but I tell ya...it happens.

I stumbled onto this recipe in one of my Cuisine at Home cookbooks (my favorite cookbooks) and have made this a couple of times. I was surprised to not find it on the blog, so I'm adding it.

First it's super easy. Second the tomato paste really adds something to the bread. Try it. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Tomato Garlic Bread
Recipe from Cuisine at Home
Serves 8
Photo from Cuisine at Home

2 T unsalted butter, softened
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 baguette, sliced in half horizontally
minced parsley

Preheat broiler to high heat.

Combine all ingredients except baguette and parsley together in a bowl.

Place bread on a baking sheet, brush mixture over cut side of bread.

Broil 1-2 minutes (don't take your eyes off it). Cut each half into 4 pieces; sprinkle with parsley.

No comments: