Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hot Crab Dip

Living in the Northwest we get really good Dungenous crab.  I am not a fan of crab to just sit and eat crab straight. No. I prefer my crab to be in something.

Like a hot crab dip.

Now granted, I'm not currently working so I didn't buy fresh crab for this appetizer, but am absolutely sure fresher crab would make a big difference in the crabby flavor.

This recipe makes a good amount of dip. I doubled it for 8 people and had WAY too much.  I am still trying to figure out what part of my brain decided I needed to double the recipe.  Still, its delicious, easy and worth making for your next gathering.

Hot Crab Dip
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
Yields: 1 cup (that's what the recipe says, but I think it yields about 2 without doubling)

  • 8 oz crab meat
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 c heavy cream (I doubled the recipe and used JUST a quarter cup - I think you could get away with just a splash of heavy cream, or half and half.)
  • 1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 c Muenster cheese, shredded
  • Splash of lemon juice
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 c mix of basil, parsley and chives
  • ground pepper

Mix everything together. Put it in a baking dish. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

No comments: