Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots

A couple of years ago I went the Pantry Goat's house for her birthday dinner. A friend of her's had made glazed carrots.  I didn't know I was a fan of glazed carrots until that day.

Since then I've collected a couple different recipes. All of them have been good. This one was easy and good, so double winner.

I chose to not add the rosemary to the dish, mostly because I'm not a rosemary fan, though I'm sure it would be good.

Photo by Everyday Food
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Recipe from Everyday Food
Serves 4

  • 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
  • 1 T butter
  • 1 T light brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
  • Salt and pepper

In a lg skillet, place carrots, butter, sugar, rosemary and 1 1/4 cups water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until carrots are tender, 10 to 12 mins. (If water evaporates before carrots are tender, add 1/4 cup more.)

Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 mins more.

No comments: