Sunday, July 10, 2011

Coconut Chocolate Patties

This was an interesting recipe.  I had visions of what I thought this would be and turned out it wasn't. While they went at yesterday's all day scrap, I'm not convinced they were that good.

For starters, I forgot to add the almond extract. I think that flavor would have made a world of difference with these. I also expected them to be moister. If I made them again, I'd add some corn syrup to the chocolate to make it bind better.

Super easy and if you love coconut, then they're great. Just don't forget the almond extract.

Photo by Everyday Food
Coconut Chocolate Patties
Recipe from Everyday Food

  • 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
  • 3 drops pure almond extract
  • 3 3/4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread coconut in a single layer on parchment. Place in oven until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to color evenly. Remove from oven; let cool completely.

In a medium bowl, combine toasted coconut, almond extract, and melted chocolate. Stir gently until combined. Press about 1 tablespoon coconut mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Place in the refrigerator until cookies are set, about 20 minutes. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments: