Monday, March 28, 2011

Grilled Garlic Chicken (issahn style)

Right, so as I was saying, chicken has been boring me. I've been on a terror trying to find decent chicken recipes that are 1) efficient to make, 2) relatively inexpensive, and 3) good.  Last night the Thai Style Chicken was a nice change to boring old chicken.

But....let me tell you...THIS recipe will be a standard at Chez Jenn's.

Your nose knows.  The smell of this marinade spoke volumes of how good it was going to be.  Tons of garlic, so what's not to like, right?  Seriously though, this recipe was fantastic.

This gets the Jenn 5 stars.


Grilled Garlic Chicken
Serves 4-6

  • 3T cilantro
  • 3T garlic
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2T soy sauce (I generally use low sodium and add just a touch of salt. That way I control my sodium intake)
  • 1T fish sauce
  • 3T water (or more if needed)
  • 3 lbs chicken pieces (again, I used chicken breasts. Cut them into chunks to skewer later)

Get out your little food processor. If you don't have one, that's fine just cut every really fine.
Put everything BUT the water into the food processor. Give it a chop.  Slowly add water in a tablespoon at a time. You're looking for a loose paste here - sorta the consistency of sour cream - that type of  loose.  Once you get the desired consistency, toss the chicken into a zip loc. Toss in the marinade. Make sure all the chicken gets some goodness on it. Toss it into the fridge to marinate minimum 1 hour - up to 4.

Bake, broil, or grill. I grilled again on a skewer and ...man.  I'm sure I'll smell like garlic for days.

No comments: