Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chili-Lime Chicken Kebabs

I get recipes sent to me via misc websites. Allrecipes being one of these sites. AllRecipes is nice because the recipe pages allow you to change how many you're feeding and automatically adjusts the ingredient list measurements for you.

Every once in a while a recipe hits me as something I MUST have for dinner that night. This recipe is one of those. I hadn't seen my friends for a week or so and invited them all over for Chicken kebabs.

I doubled this recipe and did steak as well as chicken. It was worth it.


Chili Lime Chicken Kebabs
Recipe from Allrecipes.com

Serves 4

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
  • skewers

Note: I'm particular about raw meats and so I doubled this recipe and put the steak in one zip loc bag and the chicken in another.

In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. JW Note: So I completely misread this recipe and I mixed everything together. It was still fantastic.

Place the chicken in a zip loc with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.

Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.

Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.

No comments: