Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

As part of my goal to cook 100 recipes this year, I decided whatever came up in the random selection I'd make. To be fair there have been a couple "sweet" treats I've skipped because it seems pointless to make them and not be able to take them to work (like peanut butter truffle filled cupcakes for example. No way I'm making them for home. 

So these came up and I thought they'd be good for a breakfast or two. I froze 10 of them and kept 2 hour for breakfast this week.

These are light and delicious. I wouldn't use as many chocolate chips next time I make them. 

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
Butteryourbiscuit.com

Photo from Butter Your Biscuit

Makes 12

2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter melted and cooled
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c buttermilk
1 1/4 c mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside.

In another bowl whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk until combined.

Add in the dry mixture and mix until combined. Then fold in chocolate chips.

Fill your muffin tins to the very top, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top and a pinch of coarse sugar if desired.

Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake another 10-12 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.

Remove muffins from oven and let cool, store in an airtight container for 3 days

No comments: