Thursday, January 13, 2022

Steak Burrito Bowl (Recipe 8 of 150)

Photo by Six Sisters
Stuff
Bowls are fun. They put all the goodies in one, compact spot. When/if I go to Qdoba or Chipotle (I prefer Qdoba), I will get a bowl. They're not messy and they have all the goodness a burrito will. 

This bowl was easy to put together, and scrumptious. The left over (I cut my recipes in half you see) was equally as delicious. Although I mistakenly put the pica de gallo in with the meat and rice, so when I warmed it up, the pico also got warmed. That's just wrong. 

I didn't use flank steak. I used a NY steak I had in the freezer (I'm trying to eat through my freezer). I cut it into very small pieces, not strips. If you've been to Qdoba or Chipotle you know how small those meat pieces are? That's the size. For me the crunch is an added flavor and when the meat is smaller, you get more crunchy sides. Jenn logic. 

Ahem - Smaller, bite size pieces of meat means I don't need to cut it while eating. Everything is then about the same size. 

This recipe calls for beef, but I could see doing it with chicken for sure. Give it a shot! 

Steak Burrito Bowl
Recipe from Sixsistersstuff.com

Serves 4

  • 2 pounds flank steak
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 2 c cooked white rice
  • 4 c chopped romaine lettuce
  • 2 c pico de gallo
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime

Slice steak into 1/4 inch strips.

In a resealable gallon-size ziploc bag, combine steak, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and lime juice.

Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (it tastes better the longer it marinates).

Remove steak from the marinade and pan fry over medium heat until it is cooked all the way through.

In four bowls, evenly distribute the cooked steak, rice, romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, black beans, guacamole, and shredded cheese.

Top with cilantro and lime juice.

No comments: