Saturday, January 15, 2022

Creamy Pesto Tortellini (Recipe 9 of 150)

The sister in law came over for some scrapbooking goodness today. When she comes over for scrapbooking, I always cook. I mean when don't I cook. 

This week's random recipe selection was full of pasta dishes. I can tell you that I do not need 4 pasta dishes in a week. That's just too much. But one of the pasta dishes was this simple little recipe. 

I used the polish sausage I get from Double DD Meats. I'm addicted to this sausage. I thought it'd be perfect for this recipe. I'm not a fan of turkey sausage, so I knew I wasn't going to use that. Turns out, this recipe really would have been better with chicken and not sausage. Maybe turkey sausage would have made it. The polish sausage was a bit overpowering.

The cream sauce with pesto was...OMG...so good. It's your standard cream sauce and comes together really well. The pesto is a nice touch to this recipe. 

I also didn't use tortellini. These small raviolis were on sale, so that's what I used.

Creamy Pesto Tortellini
Recipe from Dinnersdishesanddesserts.com

Serves 6

  • 2 T Butter
  • 13 ounces Smoked Turkey Sausage, such as kielbasa, sliced
  • 20 ounces Fresh Cheese Tortellini
  • 3/4 c Heavy Cream
  • 3/4 c Skim Milk
  • 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
  • 1/2 c Pesto

Boil tortellini according to package directions.

In a large skillet melt butter. Add sausage and sauté over medium high heat until browned.

Mix cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper together. Pour over cooked sausage.

Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add in cooked tortellini, tossing to coat.

Stir in pesto until everything is blended. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.

No comments: