Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken (Recipe 86 of 125)

Photo from Modern Honey
It has been a couple of weeks since I posted a new recipe. Multiple reasons really.  1) HEAT and 2) I've been making some oldies but goodies. 

But I'm back and if any recipe was great enough to come back to life, this is the recipe. 

Before I get into that though, the chicken used in the recipe is from Butcher Box. I signed up for Butcher Box (grass fed, organic meats sourced from smaller farms) a month or so ago and then stopped cooking so much. Finally pulled out chicken to test their chicken. 

I've been having, let's say issues, with chicken of late. I hate the HUGE breasts that don't taste like anything. Even organic from the grocery store is getting sketchy. I don't like the parts that show the chicken was an animal (I know I'm weird) like veins, bruises and fat. I felt like most the chicken breasts I had been seeing was just gross. Butcher Box chicken is excellent. It tastes like chicken...imagine that. Butcher Box is always running specials for new customers, so check them out. 

Now about this recipe. Super easy, and has that savory and sweet flavor profile I adore. I changed nothing about it other than I cut my chicken into bite size pieces (more sauce per bite then).

Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken
Recipe from Modern Honey

Serves 4

  • 1 to 1 1/4 1b. Chicken Breast
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 1/4 c Flour [JW Note: I really don't think the flour is needed. I won't use it  next time.]
  • 4 T Salted Butter
  • 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
  • 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 T Soy Sauce
  • 1/3 c Honey (plus more for drizzling, if desired)

Generously sprinkle thinly sliced chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter to the skillet and let melt.

Dredge both sides of the chicken breast into the flour. Repeat with all breasts. Place in a hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.

Add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Let sauce chicken for 3-4 minutes (or longer if needed). Make sure chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink.

Remove from heat and coat the chicken with the sauce. Serve with rice, potatoes, or vegetables.

No comments: