Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Asian Honey Chicken (Recipe 91 of 125)

Photo from Damn Delicious
I'm not sure I can technically count this as a  new recipe because I skipped the entire part of how to cook the chicken.

I try to keep my recipes lower carb and avoid frying in flour when I can. I figured sautéed chicken is likely just as good as deep fried chicken. I mean, it isn't, but you know what I mean.

The sauce of this recipe is good. It's too sweet for me though. I'd cut down on the honey every so slightly. Overall, another damn delicious recipe from Damn Delicious.

Asian Honey Chicken
Recipe from Damn Delicious

Serves 4

1/2 c vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 c all-purpose flour
1 c buttermilk
 
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 T cornstarch
1/2 c honey
2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.

Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.

Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir in cornstarch mixture until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.

Serve chicken immediately, drizzled with honey glaze

No comments: