Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Asian-Glazed Chicken Thighs (Recipe 87 of 125)

I cannot express enough how GREAT the chicken from the Butcher Box is. It tastes like chicken should.

I only changed one thing on this recipe...I grilled the chicken in kebabs instead of baking it. I'm not a fan of baking when I can grill it. And when I use marinades I always cube the chicken then more marinade hits the chicken...which means more flavor in each bite.

The other thing I did was I didn't use all the marinade in the chicken. I cubed the chicken and put it in a plastic bag. I then poured about 1/2 c of marinade over it. The remaining marinade I cooked down as they suggested, I don't like to use marinade that's had chicken in it even if it's cooked down. 

The marinade was delicious. I didn't use as much chili paste as they recommended. I will next time, it didn't have enough heat. 

Asian-Glazed Chicken Thighs
Recipe from MyRecipes.com

Serves 6
  • 1/3 c rice vinegar
  • 1/4 c lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 3 T honey
  • 2 T dark sesame oil
  • 1 1/2 T chile paste (such sambal oelek)
  • 10 garlic cloves, minced
  • 12 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, chili paste, and garlic, stirring until honey dissolves. Pour vinegar mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.

Preheat oven to 425°.

Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Place chicken on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rack in a roasting pan. Baste chicken with reserved marinade; sprinkle evenly with salt. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; baste. Bake an additional 10 minutes; baste. Discard remaining marinade. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: