Sunday, September 15, 2019

Fathead Pigs in a Blanket

Now that the vacation is done...and I ate my heart full of carbs....I'm back to the low carb life.

For breakfast this week, I decided to try this Pigs in a Blanket recipe. Almond flour bread stuff, so far, hasn't been my favorite texture...and am hoping that with a sausage in the middle of it will make it better.

I learned from my last attempt with this dough that really the best way to mix it is in a food processor. So that's what I did and it worked great.

Fathead Pigs in a Blanket
Recipe from: Mypcoskitchen.com
Photo from Mypcoskitchen.com

Says it makes 8, but I only got 6 out of it. I think I didn't roll my dough thin enough. I rolled it to 1/8"

6oz (170g) cheddar cheese (she says you can use any cheese like mozzarella or ghouda)
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 egg
3/4 cup blanched almond flour (about 85g)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp parsley
8 organic small cheddar sausages (wheat/sugar-free, 180g)
JW note: I used breakfast sausage - organic

Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.

Shred the cheddar cheese into a microwave-safe bowl and add the cream cheese.

Place in the microwave and microwave for 1 minute. Take out of the microwave and mix with a silicone spatula. Place back in the microwave and heat 30 more seconds. If the cheese isn't fully melted by now, place it back in the microwave and heat another 20-30 seconds until fully melted. Mix with your silicone spatula.

Add the egg to the cheese mixture and mix until the egg has been completely incorporated.

Add the almond flour and spices and mix together until a dough forms.

Add a long piece of parchment paper over a baking tray to cover.

Place on a piece of parchment paper and separate into 8 balls.

Flatten the balls with your spatula, into small rectangles the length of your sausage.

Place the sausage over the rectangle dough and roll. Repeat for all sausages.

Place the tray into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Nutrition facts:
Carbohydrates 2.89g
Fiber 1.1g
Protein 11.13g

1 comment:

repair center wala said...

If you are looking for microwave repair in mumbai then clickmicrowave repair in mumbai
either you are looking for ac repair in mumbai then clickac repair in mumbai