Sunday, September 15, 2019

Asian Beef Stir-Fry

This was the last meal that had a large amount of carbs in it (rice). The stir fry itself isn't bad, but the rice...oh boy. I do love my rice.

This was a good mix of flavors. I doubled the sauce, as I always do. I didn't double the entire set of soy sauce though. It always makes it salt. So I used 4 T soy and 2 water.

I forgot to get green onions and I'm sure those would enhance the flavor of this dish even more.

I have so many Asian stir fry type of recipes I'm not sure I'll ever make this again. Its not because it wasn't delicious, just that I have others I want to try.

Asian Beef Stir-Fry
Recipe from Cuisine Weeknight Menus - September 2016
Photo from the Internet

3 T low sodium soy sauce
2 T mirin
1 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 T peanut oil
2 T minced scallion whites
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 T minced fresh garlic
1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
1/4 c bias-sliced scallion greens

Whisk together soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar and cornstarch.

Heat oil over medium-high heat until lightly smoking.

Stir fry scallion whites, ginger, and garlic 30 seconds. Add steak, stir fry until evenly browned, 2-3 minutes, then remove.

Add mushrooms and stir-fry until browned, adding more oil as needed, 3 minutes.

Return beef mixture to wok, add soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil stirring frequently. Simmer mixture for 1-2 minutes until thicken.

Garnish with scallion greens.

No comments: