Monday, September 16, 2019

Asian Grilled Chicken

SkinnyTaste is one of my favorite sites (and cookbooks) that I am constantly finding great lower carb recipes.

This recipe I made months ago, but tagged it as one of my favorites. I'd make this one again for sure. When I made it originally I made a large batch of chicken and kept the leftovers for salads or snacking later in the week.

Asian Grilled Chicken
Recipe from SkinnyTaste

Serves: 3
6 thin boneless skinless chicken cutlets (3 oz each)
For the Marinade:
2 T lemon juice
2 T toasted sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 green onions, minced
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce (for gluten free, use tamari)
1/4 c teriyaki sauce
1 tsp honey
2 tsp sesame oil

Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken, turn the pieces to coat evenly, cover and place in refrigerator a minimum of three hours, but preferably overnight.

Preheat grill to high. Grill chicken top side down first until well browned charred, about 5 minutes, turn and cook on the second side about 3 more minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.

No comments: