Monday, April 26, 2010

Macadamia Nut Pesto Fettuccini

I don't know why every time I try a new recipe I'm "surprised" its good. I mean, I am the one saving these recipes. I most likely wouldn't save something I think would taste bad.

Still, here's another recipe that's quite tasty. I changed it up a bit.

For starters I added some chicken. I had some left over from last nights BBQ Chicken Pizza so I decided to just cook it up and add it.

Second, I had already made pesto some time ago and froze it. Now my normal pesto recipe has pine nuts in it - which this had as well. So all I did was ground up some macadamia nuts, add all the other ingredients and voila! It was nutty and good.


Macadamia Nut Pesto Fettuccini
Serves 3 (what? serves 3? Weird. You could totally just add more pasta for 4 or take some out for 2.)

  • 1 package Fresh fettuccine (9oz)
  • 3 cups Fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup Half and half
  • 3 tablespoons Roasted Macadamia nuts
  • 3 tablespoons Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
  • 3/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. While pasta cooks, place basil and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine basil mixture and pasta in a large bowl, tossing to coat.

If I did this again, I'd add some olive oil when making the pesto. It doesn't call for it, but I can't imagine making pesto without olive oil.

No comments: