Sunday, April 25, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

At the start of this year I decided I wanted to learn how to make bread...or bread type things. Everyone I know who does do bread said, and I quote, "Start with pizza dough, it's the easiest." Uh huh, sure it is.

Today I made pizza dough. It was overly sticky and would not roll out. I'd roll it and it would spring nicely back into the round disc I had put it in originally. So between Blueberry and I we managed to get it onto the pizza pan and toppings on it without it springing back into place. The good thing about it was that we had thin crust at some parts and thick crust on others. A win win!

Still, overall this recipe was delicious! I'd make it again in a heart beat.


BBQ Chicken Pizza

Serves 4
  • Olive oil, for baking sheet
  • All-purpose flour, for dusting
  • 1 pound store-bought frozen pizza dough, thawed
  • 1/2 cooked chicken, (about 1 1/4 pounds), shredded (about 2 cups)
  • 1/2 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
  • 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
  • 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
  • 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet; set aside.

On a lightly floured work surface, use a rolling pin and your hands to roll and stretch dough to a 15-by-10-inch oval (if dough becomes too elastic to work with, let rest a few minutes). Transfer to prepared baking sheet.

In a medium bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Leaving a 1-inch border, scatter chicken mixture evenly over dough; sprinkle with cheese, then zucchini and onion. Season with salt and pepper.

Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments: