Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Singapore Chicken Wings

Aside from burning the reduction, this marinade was darn good. I didn't use wings because I'm not a dark meat fan at all. Instead I did the old stand by chicken breast.

I will say you need to watch the reduction closely. I turned my back to flip the chicken on the grill (no I didn't bake the chicken like the recipe says) and the reduction had not only reduced, but was getting a bit burnt. Ended up not being able to use it.

I also am not a fan of using the marinade raw chicken was sitting in, so I doubled this recipe and kept half for the reduction - which I burned.


Singapore Chicken Wings
Serves 8
Yields 24 wings

  • 2/3 cup Soy sauce or tamari
  • 1/4 cup Brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Honey
  • 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon Dry mustard
  • 12 Chicken wings, divided into wings and drumettes

1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, honey, garlic powder and dry mustard. Add wings and toss to coat in marinade. Cover, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

2. Preheat oven to 400F. Remove wings from marinade and divide on 2 greased baking sheets and back 30 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, boil marinade in a saucepan over medium-high heat until syrupy. Remove wings from oven; reduce heat to 350F.

4. Baste wings all over with reduced marinade. Return wings to oven, bake until glazed and a little crispy, about 30 minutes more.

No comments: