Sunday, August 30, 2009

Grilled Mexican Steak

I am in a desperate search of that perfect Mexican flavored steak. No, not flavored with Mexicans, but that flavor I remember having while in Mexico. Tried this new recipe and still don't have the right flavor I want.

First off, I'm not a big fan of oregano. I didn't put as much in as it said, but I could still taste it.

AND I found this new steak that's WAY cheaper than flank steak. Look around your grocery store for flat iron steaks. In my QFC it comes in a sealed manufacturer looking type package (not your normal meat package stuff). It's way cheaper and has the same basic structure as flank steak.

Grilled Mexican Steak
Serves 8
  • 1/2 cup Lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons Dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper each
  • 4 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 2 Beef flank steaks

1. Mix all ingredients except beef together in a shallow glass dish. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes - turning beef once.

2. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Grill to desired doneness (10-15 minutes for medium). Cut beef diagonally across grain into thin slices.

No comments: