Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chicken Curry in a Hurry


Oh.
My.
God.

I know. I know. I say this all the time - but wow what a recipe. This one is going into the Chez Jenn rotation for great, quick food. Delish!

This was the third recipe I made this week out of one rotisserie chicken. I suppose hind sight being what it was, I could have easily purchased a whole fryer and baked it for less than a rotisserie one, but I'm not so good at baking whole chickens. I'll leave that to the Parental Units.

You've got to try this recipe. It's quick, it's simple and it is a filler. I'm a big fan of yellow curry, but let me tell you, you can get too much...I'm just sayin'. And now my entire house smells like an Indian restaurant.

Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Serves 4
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 small Yello onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons Curry powder
  • 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
  • 3/4 cup Heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 Rotisserie Chicken
  • 2 cups Cooked white rice
  • 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.

2. Sprinkle in curry powder; stirring for one minutes.

3. Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes.

4. Stir in salt and pepper and tomatoes. Heat through.

5. Remove from heat. Slice or shred chicken; discarding the skin and bones. Divide rice and chicken among individual bowls, spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle with cilantro.

No comments: