Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fettuccine with Sausage, Garlic and Mushrooms

About 2 months ago, QFC was having some tasting stations. At one of those stations I tasted this chicken Italian sausage. It was in links and so delicious. I didn't buy any then because I had no idea what I'd do with it.

Enter this recipe. I went back and bought - thankful I could even remember what it was called - a package.

HikerGirl and Blueberry joined me for dinner and they both took home the left overs. God I love my friends...

I can't say this was a favorite. In fact, it was kinda boring. I didn't like just the wine as a sauce, so I added a tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Made a much better flavor. I did, accidentally, overcook the pasta...I hate when I do that. blech!

Fettuccini with Sausage, Garlic and Mushrooms
Serves 6
  • 3/4 pound Cooked low fat smoked chicken or turkey sausage
  • 1 tablespoon Olive oil
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 pound Fresh mushrooms, brushed clean and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup Dry white wine
  • 1/4 cup Chopped fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 pound Dried fettuccine

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

2. Slice sausage into rounds about 1/4 inch thick. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. When hot, add the sausage slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.

3. Add the garlic and mushrooms and stir until the mushrooms have softened and released their liquid, about 3 minutes.

4. Add the wine and boil over medium heat until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.

5. While the sauce is cooking, add the fettuccine to the boiling water, stir well and cook until al dente.

6. Drain fettuccine and place in a warm shallow serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the top and toss briefly to combine.

No comments: