Saturday, July 31, 2021

Thai Cucumber Salad (Recipe 98 of 125)

Cucumbers and I have a love hate relationship. I love them, but they do not love me. This recipe, oddly, they did not cause the burp-fest that they normally do. 

This is going to be a repeat recipe for sure. I swapped the sugar with monkfruit sugar - couldn't even tell. Got a little carried away with the red pepper flakes. These cucs were on FIRE. 

I let the cucumbers marinade in the vinegar mixture for 4 hours. Right before serving I added the chopped peanuts. 

Make this recipe. You won't regret it. 

Thai Cucumber Salad
Recipe from Get in My Belly
Serves 6

⅓ c rice vinegar
2 T granulated sugar
½ tsp toasted sesame oil
¼ to ½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp salt
2 large cucumbers
3 green onions
¼ c chopped peanuts

In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set the dressing aside to give it time to blend.

Peel and slice the cucumber using your favorite method (see photos below for my technique). Place the sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.

Chop the peanuts into smaller pieces, if desired. Slice the green onions.

Add the dressing, peanuts, and green onions to the sliced cucumbers. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Give the salad a brief stir before serving to redistribute the dressing and flavors.

No comments: