Friday, January 8, 2021

Mom’s Sizzlin’ Steak Marinade (Recipe 7 of 125)

One of my all time favorite, and go to, steak marinades is the Better Than A1 marinade. THIS marinade is BETTER than the Better Than A1 marinade. I know! I can't believe it either. 

This marinade will be on rotation and will be one of my all time favorites. 

I made just one modification. The recipe calls for 1.5 cups of vegetable oil. That seems like a lot of vegetable oil. I used 1/2 c and it was fine. 

Oh, I guess the other change I made is I used a flank steak instead of 6 small steaks. Honestly ANY beef cut would be great with this recipe. 

I also only marinated this for 3 hours because I didn't plan ahead and allow for a full 24 hours to marinade it. I felt like there was a ton of flavor from that 3 hours. 24 hours may be overkill with the acid in the marinade, but that may be just me. I think it makes beef mushy when you marinade it too long. 

Mom’s Sizzlin’ Steak Marinade
Recipe from Sixsistersstuff.com

Serves 6

  • 1 1/2 c vegetable oil [JWnote: I used just 1/2 c]
  • 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp ground pepper
  • 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
  • 3/4 c soy sauce
  • 2 T dry ground mustard
  • 1/3 c lemon juice
  • 6 small steaks JWnote: I used a flank steak]

Photo from SixSistersStuff
Mix together vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, dry mustard, and lemon juice in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container (like tupperware or rubbermaid).

Add 3 pounds of steak (about 6) to the marinade (any cut of steak will work).

Store in fridge to marinate for about 8 hours. Flip over the steaks halfway through marinating.

Grill over medium-high heat to your liking

No comments: