Thursday, November 20, 2014

Walnut Chicken Salad with Broccoli

And here's another lunch salad recipe I made this week. I like that it's not lettuce and yet really filling.

The only thing I changed...I know, right? I can't leave a recipe alone. I didn't bother blanching the broccoli. I happen to like my broccoli really crunchy.

Walnut Chicken Salad with Broccoli
Recipe from Weight Watchers What to Cook Now

Makes 4
Calories: 1 1/4 c 169 calories

3 c fresh small broccoli florets
2 T light sour cream
1 T light mayo
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 c shredded cooked chicken breast
1 McIntosh apple, chopped (I used a Honey crisp because that's what I had)
1 scallion, thinly sliced
2 T golden raisins
2 T chopped toasted walnuts

Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook just until crisp tender, 3 minutes. Drain,. Rinse under cold running water until cool and drain. Pat dry on paper towels.

Whisk together the sour cream through salt and pepper. Add broccoli, chicken, raisins, apple, scallion to a bowl. Pour dressing over, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours. Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.

No comments: