Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Yakisoba (123 of 150)

Yakisoba is not something I eat very often. I'm not really sure why, I mean it has all the things I like. 

What I didn't like about this recipe was the Worcestershire sauce. I like W sauce but this had too much. 3 T is a lot of W sauce. 

I didn't want to buy a head of cabbage for just a small amount so this yakisoba doesn't have it, and I gotta say, I missed it. I used celery (because I had it), carrot, onion and mushrooms.

Overall, this recipe was good, just not my favorite.


Yakisoba
Recipe from Jo Cooks

Serves 4

Yakisoba Sauce
  • 3 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 T oyster sauce
  • 2 T ketchup
  • 2 T soy sauce (low sodium)
  • 1 T brown sugar (packed)

Yakisoba
  • 1 pound yakisoba noodles (rinsed and drained)
  • 1 T peanut oil
  • 1 pound chicken breast (boneless skinless, cut into small thin strips)
  • 1 small onion (sliced)
  • 1 medium carrot (cut into thin strips)
  • 4 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
  • ½ small cabbage (cut into bite size pieces)
  • 2 green onions (cut into 1 inch strips)

Make the sauce: In a bowl combine all the Yakisoba sauce ingredients together. Set aside.

Prep the noodles: Remove the noodles from their package, and place in a colander. Rinse well and drain. While rinsing you will have to separate the noodles with your hands.

Stir fry the chicken and veggies: In a large wok or skillet, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink. Add the sliced onion and carrots and cook for another 2 minutes until the onion softens. Add the mushrooms, cabbage and green onions. Toss everything together and cook for another minute.

Finish the dish: Add the Yakisoba noodles to the wok then pour the sauce over everything. Toss everything together using tongs. Cook for another 2 minutes until the noodles heat through.

Serve: Serve immediately with sriracha sauce if preferred.

No comments: